Every year we see NBA free agency filled with talents that have us wondering, “how is he not signed” and wondering why our favorite teams are not filling these voids. I think I figured out the solution to this problem.
During All-star weekend the NBA should have a game that features the top available free agents and there are two ways this could happen or free agents that drew the most interest from the NBA Teams
-3 Game Tournament. 4 Teams of 10. Team A Vs Team B, Team C Vs Team D and those winners play one another. You get to see 40 players between those two teams & 8 coaches between the teams.
2 Teams of 12-13 Players
Benefits of this addition?
-NBA gets the other event they have been looking to add to All Star Weekend which will add more revenue to the weekend.
- NBA gets the other event they have been looking to add to All-Star Weekend, which will add more revenue to the weekend.
- Fans get a competitive meaning event to enjoy to begin All-Star Weekend
- Teams get to checkout players that could potentially fill gaps and improve their team post All-Star weekend.
- We have these players working their tails off during the summer waiting for their opportunity; they do not truly have a platform to showcase their improvements.
- As of now, the most exciting event we have is the 3PT contest with the dunk contest constantly becoming a hit or miss, I feel that this will bring the viewers back while drawing new viewers to check out this event.